Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Creative cookies called Carrie to carry her camera to create...

Say that ten times fast. Well, I don't know that I could do it either, but alliteration was called for, and you just have to refer to yourself in the third person once in a great while. So, there ya go. But seriously, I had to share this shoot that I did at my studio in Brooklyn with the eternally talented food stylist, Janine Kalesis. Food styling is one of the hardest jobs that can be held at a photo shoot, and I applaud Janine's knowledge and creativity. The cookies that you are going to view were baked by Janine herself, in addition to doing the fabulous styling. Oh, and if I carelessly forgot to mention, this is the first shoot that I did where I had the privilege of using a Phase One digital back on my Hasselblad. Butter. No, that doesn't quite describe it. Just. Like. BUTTAH! Ohhhh, yeah. I have to start a savings jar for my own digital back, and then I can shoot with my favorite camera all the time. (I could now, as well, but I am reserving shooting film for personal projects, so my camera darling right now is my 5D. Pretty butterific, if I do say so myself.) Anyhow, I digress. Donna Hay and Martha Stewart were the inspirations for this shoot. Enjoy the mouth-watering delights...

Ooohhh, chocolate chip...

chocolateChip

Oatmeal toffee chip...

oatmeal2

and again in chinese takeout containers...

oatmeal

Button up with these sugar cookies...

buttonCookies1

Zig-zagging their way down...

buttonCookies2

Lemon creme cookies with milk...

lemon2

...singular and closer...

lemon1

Side view with a twist...

lemon3

Oh, yum. I hope that you delighted in these delectable desserts. 'Til next time. Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Such great shots of some mouth watering treats! Why did I have to look at this blog post at 8am? Now you've got me thinkin' like a fat kid! Cookies for breakfast? Sounds good to me!

    lol

    Never stop shooting and sharing Carrie! May the muse scream within driving you to never stop clicking that shutter button.

    ReplyDelete