Sunday, September 7, 2008

The S&P Oyster Company goes golfing

The golf tournament. It happens but once a year, and for this reason, it is a much anticipated event. The S&P Oyster Company in downtown Mystic is one of the best restaurants around, with consistently delicious food and great service. The service staff at this establishment has a long history together, and with that comes much camaraderie. So, I knew that I was in store for good times and lots of laughs as we trounced around the Beaver Ridge Golf Course in Richmond, RI. The jolly lot was split into five teams of four for a good 18 holes of Best Ball. I was fortunate enough to be provided my own golf cart for the day, so I got to hang with each team and capture moments throughout the day. I hope you enjoy these moments as much as did...

titleist

Jen laughs as the warm-up putting begins

JenLaughing

Alex looks on

Alex

A little round of "Closest to the Hole" will yield a prize of twenty bucks...

closestToTheHole

Anna shows me the coolest putter I've ever seen...it's glass-blown and orange-speckled!

glassPutter

Rudy's shadow with the tape measure, as he is the official measurer of the introductory event

RudyShadow

Anna looks on, as does Rudy, to check out a teammate's progress...

anna-rudy

Jeff is the king of the funny faces (as will be more evident later in the post) and watches as Anna completes the last drive for her team on the first hole

AnnaLegs

Nothing says pro like the glove in the back pocket

backPocketGlove

Holdin' down the golf cart...

Caroline

I love this quiet moment of concentration that Brent took before his drive

BrentConcentrate

Brent's legs in sepia tone

brentLegs

...and concentrating quite hard...

BrentPut

Jen showed us how the girl's rock the golf gear...

pinkGlove

Bruno selects the right putter

BrunoClubSelection

Daren is the happy bad ass...

DarenGlasses

Cathleen and Dewey rally around Nick to sink the put

NickPut

Dewey is a champion of Golf. Literally. He is on scholarship for it at school. Plus he's about 8 feet tall and has perfect form. Hence all of the following pictures...

dewey1

Dewey2

DeweyContemplative

DeweyFeet

DeweyPut

DeweySwing

DewyShadpw

Daren's form ain't half-bad either...

darenSwing

Brent showed me his crazy side...

BrentGrimace

Dickie shows us how it's done...

Dickie1

The clouds were just amazing this day, and Drew takes a moment to check out the scenery...

DrewClouds

Jeff B gets ready to show the ball who's boss...

JeffBiel1

Nothing like catching that genuine laugh...

DickieWave

The big, bad teams...ya know, with normal names like Team Ambrosia and Team Sea Skins. Funny that they named the teams after dishes from the restaurant.

golf teams

The two Jeffs. A barrel of laughs...

jeff&jeff

This is what I meant by Jeff H having a knack for funny faces...

JeffFunnyFace

Oh, Jeremy. Trying to control the path of the ball post-put. Doesn't work so much. But funny in pictures.

Jer6frame

Matt chillin' in his cart...

Matt

What golf outing would be complete without a cute club head cover? (Is that what those are called?)

koalaClubCover

What a great day. I have never golfed before, therefore, I had never been on a golf course prior to this day. I feel so lucky that I got the opportunity to shoot this event, and maybe next time, I'll even get the chance to play. I'm down for that. After all, as I hope to have made evident from these pictures, golf can be pretty entertaining. I'll cheers to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment