Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dear New England, I am so in love with you...

I can't believe that I missed this for the five years that I was in New York. I love you, New York, too, but New England, you are my one true love. And fall is a huge reason why. Last Saturday, me friend, Erin, and I went romping around the fall loveliness at Devil's Hopyard. I don't think that I had ever been there before (which is ludicrous...if you have not ever been, and you like things, like, ya know, nature, then GOOOOO!). So, the hopyard for devil's was surprisingly not hopping with any devils, but all of the things that make fall Fall. Rainbows of colors in the foliage and the crispness of the air tinges your cheek as the fallen leaves crunch beneath your hiking feet. Streams, waterfalls, reflections, stone cave passthroughs, and a covered bridge are just a few of the fabulous and wonderous sights to witness at this beautiful destination. There were also several farms we passed on the way there, so we had to stop and capture them in all their glory as well. Oh, and I went a little crazy with the sun flare and relections, which are pretty much my two favorite ways of getting creative with my camera. I hope you feel what I did when you experience this through my eyes. Enjoy the journey...

We started out strong by getting to the waterfall first. Just awesome.

waterfall&fence

waterfall2

The rock cave passthrough...

cave2

My tree kaleidescope. One of my favorite images from the day. So hard to edit this shoot, however...I had to do four edits and check out the amount of pics I still have to post! I got sooo much great stuff that narrowing down was a harrowing task (...not a bad problem to have...)

treeKaleidescope

The flare starts here and keeps going and going...

waterSunFlare

fenceFlare2

The forest...

log

How about a little collage action so you can experience the whole thing at the same time...

Collage

The forest...

forest2

The Monets...my ode to the impressionists...except, this is me, with camera, fotographie en plein air...

Monet1

Monet2

The covered bridge...a bit reminiscent of Bridges of Madison County, where they actually featured the Roseman Bridge...

bridge

coveredBridge

What up, E-Rock? This is a collage of my girl, Erin.

ErinCollage

Reflections, reflections...

reflect

reflection2

darkWater

Tree canopy makes me happy...

Canopy

Maybe something like this is what inspired the designs of H.R. Giger for the Alien movies...

AlienRoot

On the way out, the car stopped because the beauty of this farm halted the turning of the wheels...

flareFence

farm1

farm2

farm3

farm4

Then we stopped by this yellow-leaved tree that was set on fire by the sun...

yellowTree2

yellowTree

Flare on...

Flare-Leaves

cornerFlare

Then, we were compelled to stop again just before the sun went down, and this is why...

lake

redTree3

redTreeSunset

Oh, my god. That was good. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Simply amazing. I love what I do.

2 comments: