Sunday, March 15, 2009

EmilyIs: Part 1, introduction

EmilyIs a walking human montage of creative talent...
EmilyIs a poet, a singer, a writer, a master of words...
EmilyIs the one of the most free spirits I have ever and probably will ever know...
EmilyIs strolling and racing intellect...
EmilyIs always walking to the beat of her own drum...
EmilyIs my muse...

...and one of my best friends. She and I have been friends for over ten years now, and I got the extreme pleasure of catching up with her yesterday. Oh, how she makes me miss NY sometimes. Besides all that, she is one to watch...I'm not quite sure how her road to fame will manifest, because she is positive and frenetic creative energy exploding all over the place, having a hand in as many projects as she can handle at one time. You can check out her music at www.myspace.com/emilyis. She also co-wrote, produced, and starred in Swing Vote, a film short that won Best Female Filmmaker Short at the AOF International Film Festival. (I shot the movie poster, as well.) Check out more about it at www.swingvotefilm.com. There are several projects that she is involved in, and her role as my photographic muse is an ongoing one. This is the first of many posts that I will do here on Emily, and it is a simple introduction to an amazing artist. Here's a few pictures from a quick shoot that we did at the apartment house we lived in in Brooklyn. Without further adieu, the amazing EmilyIs...

_5040098

_5040107A

_5040115

_5040121

_5040131

_5040147

_5040154

No comments:

Post a Comment