Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Marantz's and Me...

A little shameless self-promotion never hurt anyone, right? Well, that's only partly what this post is about. The other part is about the amazing Justin and Mary of Justin Marantz Photography. Last summer, I was interning with them, which was fantastic in every respect...I learned the business side of wedding and portrait photography here in CT...a nice foray into helping me jump off my own career here and establishing my client base. They also gave me photoshop knowledge and the "in" on how to be a great event shooter and achieve that photojournalistic flair. I learned about vendor relations, became part of the CT PUG, and started networking with other CT photographers. Because of J&M, I realized the importance of blogging to our business, hence they helped birth my blog.

Needless to say, I am eternally grateful for my experience with Justin and Mary...even if I was the world's oldest intern! Just kidding, J&M! Although, at first, it was a bit intimidating to work with photographers who had achieved so much success so early on. I got over that rather quickly, though, as my quest for knowledge and my constant barrage of questions didn't leave time for feeling anything other than the need to know and know more. I am, after all, an eternal student...

So, with all this came a photo shoot of me by Justin and Mary in New Haven. And it got posted on their blog (check it out at justinmarantz.com) yesterday...in what was 2009's second consecutive Friday the 13th! This is their introduction of me into this crazy blog world. Thank you Justin and Mary for the beautiful post on your blog. And just so my readership can see the awesome results here, I am posting the pics as well...after all, I was the PHabulous PHirst, right? (I am going to try to get involved with Portrait House soon...then I can get my t-shirt!)

Without further adieu, the gorgeous work of Justin and Mary Marantz...

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 14

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 16

Picture 12

Picture 8

Picture 9

Picture 11

Picture 10

Picture 15

Picture 18

Picture 17

1 comment:

  1. These really rock, J&M did a really amazing job, the last one is by far my favorite!

    ReplyDelete