Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Introducing the World's Youngest Supermodel, the Beautiful Little Miss Grace

I've been anxiously prepping this post fretting over the length of it. You see, just when I start to think that my editing is getting more concise, it seems that my reaction time while shooting improves just that much more and then I have a shoot like this. I'm not complaining, actually, quite the antithesis...who doesn't want to have the problem of which images to pick? Better that than the other way around, so I'll gladly take the abundance of images that I rejoice in. So this is my attempt at pairing down the images as much as possible for the purposes of this blog. Honestly, I don't know how magazine editors do it.

Anyway, a little bit about Miss Grace. She was a little fireball full of energy, and I was given the massive privilege of following her around with my camera for a few hours at Eastern Point Beach in Groton. I love Eastern Point Beach, and it was the perfect setting for this shoot because it is a child's dream play place with a beach house to run around, rocks extending out into the water, a sandy beach, and a playground. I mean, what could be more perfect for an energetic 5 year old? Nothing, I think. And what was even cooler about the setting was the crazy fog that greeted us at the beginning of the shoot (it had rained the previous few days, and then was quite warm that morning, so there was a lot of fog on the water, and I just love that!)

So, we started out at the beach house...

_MG_7749

_MG_7753

_MG_7762

Then we decided to move out to the rocks, where Jen gave her daughter a helping hand...

_MG_7768A

Grace1

How awesome is the backdrop of fog? It reminds me of shooting on some seamless in the studio...

_MG_7795

Grace2

Grace3

Grace4

_MG_7773

Grace5

Little foot in a big footprint...

_MG_7869

_MG_7835

Two of the prettiest girls I know...mother and daughter

_MG_7882

Grace6

A small person's nook in the side of the beach house...

Grace7

_MG_7898A

_MG_7897A

_MG_7905

Oh, the boys are going to be so heart-broken by this one in about a decade and half...

_MG_7915

_MG_7908

Then off to the beach we go!

_MG_7922

Posing for the paparazzi...

_MG_7928

The slide will always be every little kids favorite playground indulgement...

Grace9

Grace8

Off to the beach to find some shells and play in the sand...

_MG_8065

Grace11

_MG_8080A

_MG_8061

Grace13

Gracie was kind enough to show me one of the clam shells she found...

_MG_8060

Grace12

Grace15

Grace14

Ahh, time to relax on the bench swing...

Grace10

Dandelion puff pickin' time!

_MG_8149

Grace16

Grace18

_MG_8201

Grace19

_MG_8215

_MG_8220

Grace20

And back to the playground we go...

_MG_8206

_MG_8199

Some final shots on this awesome rock wall...

Grace21

Workin' it...

_MG_8228

Really workin' it...this is a supermodel in the making for sure!

_MG_8236

_MG_8233A

_MG_8244A

_MG_8241

I hope you enjoyed viewing this as much as I enjoyed shooting it! Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And you're right, what a great place to shoot. You're inspiring me to get busy and get posting! I'm so far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that the picture of Grace with her back towards you, looking out over the water, inspired me to write a short story. I wrote a post about this on my blog and also included a small screenshot of the photo. I hope that's ok.

    http://two-black-cats.blogspot.com/2009/06/feeling-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie, The short story is in the final stages of revision (and I want my trusty editor-gal to give it a once-over as well) and when it's complete, I will most certainly send you a copy. Thanks for posting those fabulous photos and I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shots of this gorgeous little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this lil gurl iz 2 dam cute!!!

    ReplyDelete