Thursday, July 9, 2009

Me, the moon, my neighbor, and my kitchen

_MG_9345

The day after the full moon, but Moon still looked swollen and heavy as it hung over Beebe Cove, casting light enough to take the scary out of dark and sheening across the water so as to illuminate the outline of boats and houses. Beauty in my backyard and feeling one with the light, the night, and the flow that comprises most of our bodies, water.

The ebbs and flows of creativity are constantly surging through me, and I feel that I need to share more of my creative flair when it comes to my writing with you faithful bloggers. Now I know I've shown you hints here and there, but you need to see (or shall I say read?) more of me on a regular basis. Writing is very much at the pulse of my creative self, and I want to tie that together more consistently with my photography. I get a regular fix when I comment on Burn (burnmagazine.org, an evolving online journal which showcases emerging photographic talent) and other people's work and endeavors. The problem with me keeping that same flow in my own blog has been that preparing blogposts and editing my own photographic work is so (fantastically) exhausting that when it comes to the writing, I'm pretty straight-forward. This proclamation of that fact is my pledge to be better and complete the visual journey with some creative, intellectual, funny, and/or witty commentary and insight. Here's a glimpse of my thoughts on this topic while I was enjoying some wonderful sushi with nothing but racing thoughts and pen in hand:

"I'm not a constant writer, but a recorder of thoughts and visual fantasy and reality. The words I mutter or jot down in association with this are devised from the same creative place...an endeavor upon which my reality stakes its claim...dare I plagiarize the phrase that 'Art is Life' by letting you know that it is the heartbeat of my existence..."

After contemplating many thoughts over my meal, I pulled into the driveway to notice the big and almost full moon. There she hung, big, bright, and beautiful. I had to show my neighbor. He hung out with me in the kitchen, and I grabbed my camera to capture some reflections and the moon. The shot I'm showing you here shows my reflected silhouette on the left with the reflection of the kitchen and my neighbor on the right. Through my silhouette you can see the moon and it's reflection and the water through the window. The moon is highlighting my thoughts while its reflection is highlighting my heart, and the sheen on the water represents the light captured by my camera and the words that escape my mouth. I think this is pretty awesome.

Art is life.

Live.

Love.

Laugh.

Dance.

Create.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment