Monday, November 16, 2009

The Day After 32...

I will start by apologizing for blowin' up the spot on your age, Tara girl. But I do this, as I do so many other things: out of pure love.

I came across this image while searching my drives for pics to put up on my new website (coming so soon!). And thank you so much to Mary Banas for ganking my (film!) camera and snapping this shot of me and my best friend. This was the day after Tara's birthday in August when there was the faded effects of Hurricane Bill splashing up on our shores in Watch Hill, Rhode Island. We got our "groggy" heads out of bead at 7 am to drive up to the beach to watch the waves crash...and time stood still.

These moments seem to come too far and in between these days...and I suppose some people blame it on growing older and becoming busier with their lives. But, sometimes some people just need their personal space, simply to just be... and it's taken me a lot of time to comprehend and accept this...but I totally understand the need. And it makes these moments between us matter so much more. Because these are the spaces in between the counted moments, when you learn to close your eyes and feel the space around you, with your heart and your nose and your ears and the warmth envelops you, leading into the heightened tactility of the situation and the feeling of letting go and allowing these shards of time to cause an imprint on our hearts and memories.

Tara has been my best friend and sister for more than 10 years. We've seen the best of times and the worst of times. And despite all the craziness, living together (even in NY), being single and taken, travel life and stateside life, depressions and jumping up and down, we've remained a rock in each other's lives. Through thick and thin, this girl has seen me at my highest highs and my lowest lows...and she still loves me. And I've witnessed the same of her and remained steadfast for every situtation. I am honored to be a part of Tara's life, and proud that she's delving into another landmark event in her life by getting married. I'm honored and privileged to be the one chosen to capture the moments of her special day...and I'm sure it will be the most emotional by far.

So cheers to my girl, our friendship, and her new journey! Stay tuned for the super-creative posts that will ensue about Tara's engagement and wedding...in the meantime, I love you, girl!

03carri-R1-E038A

1 comment:

  1. Carrie, You are still amazing me with each new set of photos you put out here. And with each new set of descriptions you write, and this one is awesome.

    ReplyDelete