Sunday, November 8, 2009

On walking the Road and Climbing the Mountain...

_MG_3155

I sit down to my computer to work, so tirelessly at the surmounting and amazing shoots that I've been honored to capture. While waiting for my editing programs to launch, I must see what's going on in other parts of the photographer world...I need to check out the blogs. It's not a need born of boredom or simply a pleasurable way to pass time while taking a small break from my workload...it's this itch under my skin that tingles when I see how other people see, and I just need to scratch it. It's an automatic response when I flip open my MacBook to see whose doing what, where, when, how, and why. And oftentimes, these photographers touch my heart in ways that they'll never know...their photographs, their words, their view, their emotions, all have tugged on my heartstrings and thoughts and served as inspiration, motivation, and origination. And some of them have no idea who I am and some of them do know me personally. And some speak to me so loudly that I must quote them here on my own little blog, shouting out from my own little bubble in the world, to say, well Heck yes! I concur! Thank you Mary Marantz for once again speaking my thoughts and empathizing for all the climbers of the ladder. On Justin and Mary's blog today, she sends out a huge hug and thank you to all the photographers that they met at PartnerCon in New Orleans...and knowing where they all are in this crazy world of working for yourself by citing what she learned from everyone with the following statements:

You....

....feel like you are alone, but...
....are not alone
....have a lot of people counting on you.
....have the weight of the world on your shoulders.
....are doing everything you can...and it's still not enough.
....juggle more than anyone I know.
....want more.
....want less.
....take care of everyone else
....do not take care of yourself
....feel like you're on the verge of something big.
....can see where you want to be.
....have no idea how to get there.
....have overcome so much already.
....feel like you have so far to go.
....are tired.
....are tireless.
....are afraid.
....are Fearless.

Here's to becoming a Rainmaker. Now raise those coffee cups, mimosas, and bloody marys to cheer me on on this crazy road. It's about to get crazy up in here :)

DSC_4503
DSC_4502

No comments:

Post a Comment