Friday, December 25, 2009

Fudge, Family, & Electric Sex in the Window...

There are Christmas cookies from my mom this year. Sent in a brown box all the way inland from Ohio. There is snow on the ground, warm blankets, and my brother Jeff asleep on the couch. My father and I just woke to start prepping the turkey. And the merry wishes via text have already started. The phone calls, arrival of my brother, Brian, and visits to close friends will become a thread of this day, too.

These things all mean Christmas to me. But the one thing that really makes it hit home is the classic movie "A Christmas Story." It is a tradition, and when we are done eating and all full of turkey, we will watch it lazily and gloriously as Ralphie and his family have to "Far ra ra ra ra" through the holiday.

From my house and heart to yours, have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Ralphie1

1 comment: