Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Glimpse of a Wedding: Tom & Karen

It was one of the coolest, fun, happy weddings that I've ever had the honor to take part in. Karen and Tom are not your usual couple, and they decided not to follow conventional wedding procedure. What I mean by this is that the celebration following their nuptials was a bird-watching tour on RiverQuest cruises on the CT River. This was the the time of year that barn swallows liked to put on a grand show for all who watched...every night in September they flock from all over and gather to swarm up and down by the thousands, in a very amazing and entertaining show, making fast formations and swirls before diving down into the grass. And they do this over and over before they say goodnight. I've never seen anything like it.

Karen and Tom are so cute and playful together that my face ached from all my smiling. I simply couldn't help it. I can honestly say that these two give me something so happy and joyous to strive towards in my own journey for love. And for that, I thank them. I'm a better and happier person for having been part of their wedding day, and I hope you can see why when you check out these photographs. This is merely a peek into the magic of the day, as there are limitations to the amount I can show. Please enjoy!

TK_001
TK_002
TK_003
TK_004
TK_005
TK_006
TK_007
TK_008
TK_009
TK_010
TK_011
TK_012
TK_013
TK_014
TK_015
TK_016
TK_017
TK_018
TK_019
TK_020
TK_021
TK_022
TK_023
TK_024
TK_025
TK_026
TK_027
TK_028
TK_029
TK_030
TK_031
TK_032
TK_033

2 comments:

  1. Carrie,

    I enjoyed reading the story of Tom and I. The pictures are wonderful and I can't wait to start putting together the album. Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I told you when I first saw your photos-you did such an incredibly thorough job and really seemed to capture the personality of our wedding. I was amazed at how wonderfully you captured the things that were important to us and our wonderful day--Best Wishes- Tom

    ReplyDelete