Saturday, September 11, 2010

Featuring the Clever Cupcake Flags by Icing Designs...

Recently, I had the honor of being the premier sponsor of the Q105 QTest Kids Contest. Q105 is a local radio station, and this was the fourth year that the contest ran. It worked like this: parents would upload photos of their kids on the Q105 website to compete for a photo shoot with me. There is one winner for each category in the age ranges 0-2, 2-4, and 4-6. (Later on, after I have all of the shoots done, I will feature the winners on the blog as well.)

Anyway, the winners were to be announced at the annual Kids Expo, where I was going to set up a booth. I had been racking my brain for a few days about little gifts for the kids when they came up to my table. This is when I discovered the amazing work of Icing Designs on another blog. Cupcakes with some special and personal decor in the form of cupcake flags by Icing Designs was the answer!

Icing Designs is a boutique company that creates cupcake flags, invitations, cards, gift tags, and letter garlands. It is run by two lovely and super creative ladies named Melissa and Kellie, and between the two of them, I'm pretty sure that they can accomplish anything. The cards that they create can either be made with their wonderful hand illustration skills or with photos. Then, the ladies hand glitter their creations. When I received my cupcake flags in the mail, I couldn't wait to use them!

Here's what the details from my table at the expo looked like with the amazing cupcake flags:

IcingDesigns_001
IcingDesigns_002
IcingDesigns_003
IcingDesigns_004
IcingDesigns_005
IcingDesigns_006
IcingDesigns_007

I had some cupcake flags leftover from the expo (which I have to admit that I was excited about), so I had to do a photo shoot with a friend and some fun flair. Check it out:

IcingDesigns_008
IcingDesigns_009
IcingDesigns_010
IcingDesigns_011
IcingDesigns_012
IcingDesigns_013
IcingDesigns_014
IcingDesigns_015
IcingDesigns_016

Thank you Erin for modeling for me! And thank you so much to Melissa and Kellie of Icing Designs. Check out their blog at http://icingdesignsonline.blogspot.com/ and their Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/icingdesigns.

3 comments:

  1. Rhey look amazing! Where did you get the cake/cupcakestands you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I got the cake stands at HomeGoods. I thought that they were too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the cutest ever!! very good idea :)

    ReplyDelete